Thursday, May 19, 2005

Woohoo!! Yippee!! ...and all the rest of it...!

Back after a short break. And, I'm posting from home this time. Just got my internet connection done. And it's just SO FAST!! Woohoo!! Yippee!! ...and all the rest of it...!

Was out on a shoot yesterday, so didn't post anything. Getting quite used to writing here. Almost start getting withdrawal symptoms the day I don't. Have realised that writing a blog is strangely fulfilling.

Went to the Italian Cultural Centre yesterday. I was there for a shoot, and there was a really good film on - Padre Padrone. Called Anvita for the film as well. We didn't watch too much of the film though. Saw about half an hour of it, i.e. - until my hunger overtook our desire to watch kids having sex with chickens, sheep and donkeys. So, we went to the horrendously expensive cafe at the Italian Cultural Centre and sat there and talked (while I ate a horrendously expensive pizza!).

We talked about what Padmini, Anvita and I were talking about the night that they stayed over after the house warming party. That, about 90% of all people are plain stupid, and one should get around their stupidities and get one's own work done. This, I think, is the premise everyone should live by.

Now, I'm not saying that 90% of all people ARE stupid. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But, let's just assume they are...for the betterment of ourselves and for our peace of mind. How, you ask?

Well, I've seen this work, that's how. Believing this proposition makes life easier. And better. And healthier. Healthier beacause you don't lose your temper, don't get impatient, don't suddenly start thinking about HOW and WHY so-and-so can be that stupid! By believing this proposition, you start out by thinking - ok, so this person's stupid. Let me give her/him a chance, otherwise I'll do it myself. Isn't this better? You completely bypass the hours, or maybe even days, of frustration and anxiety...and anger.

My peace of mind is very important to me. That's why I like to believe that - "about 90% of all people are plain stupid, and one should get around their stupidities and get one's own work done."

No comments: